All triathlon programs are designed to bring our athletes the best possible results in the shortest amount of time.
Our Promise: Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced athlete, you’ll experience great races with proven training programs, experienced coaches, and friendly group support.
All tri programs include
- A major emphasis on bike safety
- At least two sport activities per workout
- Strength building and stretching exercises
- Computerized training and racing results
- A full staff of professional coaches
- Swimming, biking, and running form analysis
- Written training updates emailed to you weekly
- A packet of written program information
- Group socials and a completion party
- Complementary photos as a training memento
- A free pre-program information meeting
- Coaching with compassion
Lavaman Triathlon Training |
December 19 – April 15, 2018
“The Lavaman in Kona on the Big Island is an Olympic distance three sport event, consisting of a 1500 meter swim, 25 mile bike and 6.2 mile run.
The program focuses on preparing the beginner to intermediate level athletes.
It’s a 14 week, three day weekly training program: Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Tuition Fee: $425
Beginning Tuesday, December 19 and ending April 15, 2018.
- This program will use the Great Aloha Run and several practice triathlons to help prepare athletes for the Lava Man in Kona on March 25. Note: you don’t have to be entered in the race events to do the program.
- Strong focus on beginner swimming with experienced swim coaches.
- Strong emphasis on safety in all sports.
- Use of stationary bike trainers.
- Additional clinics on transitions, nutrition and fixing flat tires.
- Socialize with individuals who share your interest, and have fun.
- Prepare for the Island Triathlon Tinman Training, which begins on April 17, 2018.
Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Training |
February 27 – May 30, 2018
Join us in this collaborative group training for your best ever performance at the half-Ironman distance. The program is highlighted by its flexibility, community, effectiveness and support for the working professional of any ability.
You’ll receive the following.
- Free Training Peaks account to quickly and easily view and manage workouts.
- Up to 20 hours of weekly supervised workout options! You choose what you want to work on and when to best suit your schedule! Whether swim, bike, run, or transition practice, we’ve got you covered!
- 8 sessions of pool training at the esteemed Oahu Club and their Masters Swim Program (further membership options extra)
- Discounts at Island Triathlon & Bike towards relevant services including bike fits, new tri bike purchases, repairs and more!
- Argon 18 Bikes Deal: Purchase or preorder any Argon 18 Tri Bike at Island Triathlon & Bike and get this entire training plan for FREE! (excludes Big Island Recon trip)
- Optional fun weekend trip to Big Island to scout and practice course
Join Us for an informational meeting scheduled for the following days:
- Tuesday, Jan. 16 at ITB Training Studio, 7pm.
- Thursday, Jan. 18 at ITB Training Studio, 7pm.
- Saturday, Jan. 20 at ITB Training Studio, 2pm.
About the coach. Will Mather. Coaching professionally for 9 years globally, Will has worked with the Australian Sports Commission, UK Sport, British Cycling, Ironman U. and more before his recent return to Honolulu. His new coaching entity, Velohana Cycling & Endurance Training LLC, has already produced two champions and is based out of Island Triathlon & Bike. He and his wife, Rachal, reside in Nuuanu with their three children: Kaimi, Makena and Alika.
Cost for full participation in the 18-week program is a flat rate of $450.
Island Triathlon Training (for beginners) |
April 17 – July 22, 2018
Train safely competently and enjoyably during this 14-week training preparing beginner and intermediate triathletes for the Tinman Triathlon (date of the 2018 Tinman to be announced).
Workouts on Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 to 7:45 p.m., and Sunday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. accommodate beginner and intermediate triathletes of all ability levels. Even if you can’t swim across the pool, ride a bike, or jog 10K, we’ll teach you how to do each sport and train you race effectively.
Come to the free information meeting on Saturday, April 14, 2018 at Church of the Crossroads, 1212 University Avenue from 3:00 until 4:30 p.m. Please call 808-391-8598 or email Brian to confirm your interest in attending the meeting.
Cost for full participation in the 14-week program, including three workouts per week, is a flat-rate of $445.
Summer Swim Training |
May 28 – September 2, 2018
Beginner and intermediate athletes can prepare for the North Shore Swim Series of four races, plus Duke’s Swim and the Waikiki Rough Water Swim during this 14-week training.
Athletes should have basic swim skills and be able to swim a 1000 meters without stopping in 30 minutes or less.
Workouts in Ala Moana or Kapiolani Park on Monday and Wednesday at 5:30 p.m., and various locations around Oahu on Saturday mornings from 7 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
There is no information meeting currently scheduled for this training. Please email Brian to indicate your interest in attending the first workout.
Cost for full participation in the 14-week program, including three workouts per week, is $250. Cost for two workouts per week is $210, and cost for once a week is $150.