The 2022 Honolulu Marathon Balance Payment
The 2022 Honolulu Marathon Training will prepare intermediate and advanced racer-level athletes for the 50th Honolulu Marathon on December 11, 2022.
You’ll build advanced racer skills and habits (see "15 things you'll learn" below), including five marathon abilities: stamina, power, tempo, speed, and endurance.
- The 18-week program starts the week of August 7, 2022 and ends on December 11, 2022, followed by a gala party to celebrate your accomplishment.
- Our Promise. You'll complete the Honolulu Marathon enjoyably and competently, with expert guidance and friendly group support.
All workouts are facilitated by Brian Clarke, who has directed this annual marathon training since 1979.
- Weekend Workouts (In-person Sundays). In runner, jogger, or walker groups. Train with others of your ability so nobody gets left behind.
- Plus two weeknight workouts per week, conveniently leaving from your home or work place while you train by yourself and listen to Brian on your phone.
- (Alternately) organize a support group with which to train twice a week, while also listening to Brian as he directs the workout and discusses pertinent racing issues.
- Weeknight workouts employ a very-slow warm-up, followed by limbering-up exercises, before continuing with relaxed hills or comfortable tempo intervals.
Scheduling is our way of gathering a group that becomes a team for support and disciplined training purposes. Please see about clearing your schedule for the entire 18-week training. There is no time for slacking, as the program builds progressively.
- The two-week, in-person enrollment period begins the week of March 5, 2023. You’re expected to come to every workout as an enrollment condition. We teach the basics, starting at an easy level so you don’t hurt yourself at the outset.
- Workout time slots. Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.